Home Energy Assessments
Energy efficiency makes saving energy and money easy.
Start saving energy and money in four simple steps.
Schedule your choice of an in-person or virtual appointment and provide basic information about your home.
An Energy Specialist will visit your home to identify personalized energy-efficiency recommendations.
Get no-cost energy-efficiency products.
Receive 50% or more off approved insulation and air sealing (up to $4,000) and additional rebates toward qualifying energy-efficient equipment.*
What you’ll receive.
Your Energy Specialist will create a customized energy report tailored specifically to your home. Then, no-cost energy-saving products recommended during your assessment will be provided. These may include:
Advanced power strips
Based on your assessment, you may also be eligible for:
- 50% or more off approved insulation improvements and targeted air sealing (up to $4,000)*. Recommended insulation and air sealing work is completed by pre-approved contractors. Customers have the option to select a participating contractor or be assigned one through the program.
- Insulation and air sealing lowers energy costs, provides year-round comfort, improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling system, and keeps out dust and allergens
- Generous rebates of up to $2,750 on qualifying energy-efficient heating, cooling and water-heating equipment
- Information on how to qualify for a 0% interest loan for eligible energy-efficiency improvements
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a No-Cost Home Energy Assessment**, customers must:
- This program is available to residential customers of Rhode Island Energy who live in a one- to four-unit home.
- Customers must have full access to the house and the ability to install recommended instant-saving products received.
Please call 1-888-633-7947 to schedule your assessment.
Or call 1-888-633-7947 to schedule.
These programs are funded by the energy-efficiency charge on all customers’ gas and electric bills, in accordance with Rhode Island law.
*Offer subject to change.
**Additional criteria may apply.