Appliances and Electronics
ENERGY STAR® Certified Appliances save you energy.
Save even more money with special rebates from Rhode Island Energy.
Lower your energy bills and elevate comfort by choosing ENERGY STAR®-certified appliances for your home. They're not only certified to save, but these products also help reduce greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change
The ENERGY STAR label can be found on more than 65 different kinds of products in our homes including lighting, appliances, consumer electronics, and heating and cooling equipment. If you’ve recently purchased an ENERGY STAR-certified appliance, you may be qualified to receive a rebate from Rhode Island Energy.
Exclusive appliance rebates for Rhode Island Energy electric customers
ENERGY STAR-certified clothes dryers deliver superior efficiency and performance by incorporating advanced features -- using 20% less energy than standard models. A $50 rebate is available.
Saves you $30 every year, while keeping the air in your home healthier. Rhode Island Energy Offers a $40 rebate.
Saves even more energy and money while keeping you cool and comfortable. A $40 rebate is available.
Pays for itself over time while reducing moisture and increasing comfort. Make this product more affordable for you with a $30 rebate from Rhode Island Energy.
Have you already applied? Check the status of your rebate here.
4 ways to maximize savings
Upgrading to an ENERGY STAR certified appliance is just the beginning. Here are some easy ways to save even more energy.
Clean your appliances regularly.
Plug your appliances into an advanced power strip.
Replace or clean air filters when necessary.
Earn and save money by recycling old, inefficient appliances.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about ENERGY STAR certified appliances.
ENERGY STAR® is a widely recognized and trusted label on products that meet strict energy-efficiency requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). ENERGY STAR certified products are third-party certified and subject to ongoing verification testing.
Products can earn the ENERGY STAR label by meeting the energy-efficiency requirements set forth in ENERGY STAR product specifications. EPA establishes these specifications based on the following set of key guiding principles:
- Product categories must contribute significant energy savings nationwide.
- Certified products must deliver the features and performance demanded by consumers, in addition to increased energy efficiency.
- If the certified product costs more than a conventional, less-efficient counterpart, purchasers will recover their investment in increased energy efficiency through utility bill savings, within a reasonable period of time.
- Energy efficiency can be achieved through broadly available, non-proprietary technologies offered by more than one manufacturer.
- Product energy consumption and performance can be measured and verified with testing.
- Labeling would effectively differentiate products and be visible for purchasers.
Certified appliances often feature the ENERGY STAR mark directly on the yellow EnergyGuide label. The EnergyGuide indicates how much energy is used to operate each appliance and provides an energy scale for you to compare products. Although these labels will not show you which appliance is the most efficient on the market, they will show you the annual energy consumption and operating cost for each appliance so you can compare them yourself.
Still have questions? Call 1-866-903-2811 for more information.